About the Expenditure Limit Committee
The state General Fund budget and 5 related funds subject to a spending limit defined in RCW 43.135: State Expenditures Limitations.
The Expenditure Limit Committee was established in 2000 for the purpose of determining and adjusting the state expenditure limit. The members of committee are:
- The Director of the Office of Financial Management
- The Attorney General or the Attorney General's designee
- The chair of the Senate Ways & Means Committee
- The chair of the House Ways and Means Committee (Appropriations Committee)
- The ranking minority member of the Senate Ways & Means Committee
- The ranking minority member of the House Ways and Means Committee (Appropriations Committee)
Each November, the Expenditure Limit Committee adjusts the limit for the previous and current fiscal year, and projects a limit for the following 2 years. Generally speaking, the expenditure limit is the actual spending level from the prior year multiplied by the fiscal growth factor, plus or minus any adjustments required by statute. The fiscal growth factor is the average growth in state personal income for the prior 10 fiscal years.
No front page content has been created yet.
Fiscal Growth Factors
|Fiscal Year||Fiscal Growth Factor||Status|
|FY 2018||4.08%||Adopted Nov. 2016|
|FY 2019||4.00%||Adopted Nov. 2017|
|FY 2020||5.08%||Adopted in November 2018|
|FY 2021||5.76%||Subject to Revision|